Friday, April 11, 2008

Almond Spritz Cookies


I found this recipe on allrecipes.com .Easy to make and very good.

1 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups cake flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt




DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
Cream together the butter and the sugar. Add the 3 beaten egg yolks and one teaspoon of almond extract. Mix until well blended.
In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually sift into the butter mixture and stir well.
Chill until firm (2 - 3 hours).
Using a cookie press, press out cookies onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll have to try your recipe. I tried making spritz cookies in December for the first time and failed massively - I know my dough was just too stiff.

Harmony said...

Well this recipe should not fail. I have tried other recipes for spritz in the pas and have had the same crumby mix. This recipe seems almost foll proof. let me know if you try the recipe and how it comes out.