Saturday, April 26, 2008

Baked Stuffed Shrimp, Basmati Rice and Steamed Vegetables


For the shrimp:
1 C celery, grated
1C carrot, grated
1/2 C onion, grated
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 stick butter
24 large shrimp
2 rolls Ritz crackers, crushed
Start by melting the butter. Once completely liquified, add celery, onion, carrot, and garlic, sauteeing until translucent over medium heat. Turn burner off and add crackers. Peel, devein and butterfly shrimp and place them in a greased baking panaround the edges, place stuffing down the middle of the baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes.

2 comments:

Mama Mia said...

mmm I love stuffed shrimp! I gotta try making this one! Thanks for sharing! :)

Harmony said...

The shrimp were tasty and light. Please let me know how they turn out for you.
I checked out your blog and noticed your fried zucchini flowers, I love stuffed zucchini flowers. We have about 2 months before we are able to eat these agian. I have made them with mozzarella and anchovies int the flower and then fried. Yummy.