2 1/2 cups water, approximately
1 cup wild rice
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup dry sherry
1/2 cup sliced carrots
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Salt or natural soy sauce to taste
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Soak the dried mushrooms in water to cover until they are soft. Squeeze them out, reserving liquid, and slice.
2. Wash the wild rice in cold water and place in pot with the mushroom-soaking liquid (minus any sediment) and enough additional cold water to total 2 cups.
3. Add the orange juice, sherry and carrots. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms and continue cooking until rice is tender and all the liquid is absorbed.
5. Add the chopped parsley and salt or soy sauce to taste. Stir in the finely chopped nuts (black walnuts, pecans or filberts). ( I used pecans)