Friday, January 9, 2009

Olive Balls







I have wanted to try this recipe for months. Tonight we finally did, they turned out great. I am not a huge olive fan but I really enjoyed these. I use jumbo green olives stuffed with pimentos. I found the recipe at Leftover Queen's blog.










Olive Cheese Balls



2 tablespoons of soft butter



2/3 cup of grated cheddar cheese



1/3 cup of finely grated Parmesan cheese



1/2 cup of flour



generous dash of cayenne pepper1



small egg, beaten



15 - 20 plump green olives, pitted



Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, using a fork, combine the cheese, butter, flour, and cayenne. Stir in the egg until well combined. Flatten about a tablespoons worth of dough on the palm of your hand and enclose each olive with the dough. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese balls turn golden brown. Serve warm.



No comments: