Saturday, February 14, 2009

Lenten Calendar





I am about finished making out Lenten calendar. I saw a great post at Shower of Roses detailing her Lenten calendar from last year. For the calendar i used a sheet of white poster board, with a square for each day of Lent. For all of the weekdays I used foam fish, a full fish for Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays and a half of a fish for Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursday. On the days with a full fish we will be abstaining from meat the whole day, we fast from meat all Fridays of the year, but the Wednesdays and Saturdays will be an extra Penance this Lent. On the days with a half fish we will only eat meat at the main meal. I decorated the calender with Penitential images. On each day i labeled the item to be counted for the penny jar and I noted a few Feast days that fall during this Lenten season. On the bottom of the calendar I listed the prayer intention for each day , some things to ponder during Lent and our Lenten rules.

No comments: