Rutabagas – about 1 large per person
Garlic powder (optional)
Butter or ghee
1) Peel rutabagas and chop into small cubes
2) Heat a dutch oven on med – med high heat
3) Drizzle a small amount of olive oil in bottom of dutch oven
4) Add rutabaga cubes and a small amount of water – just enough to barely cover rutabagas (this will help steam the rutabagas).
5) Cover dutch oven and allow rutabagas to cook and soften. Keep the heat above medium. Stir occasionally. They will become fork tender very quickly. They should be quite soft when all the water is cooked out. Cook until very tender and “mashable”.
6) With a slotted spoon, transfer cubed rutabaga into food processor. Drizzle in a small amount of almond milk and process until smooth. Add almond milk until you achieve desired consistency.
7) Add salt, pepper, butter, and garlic powder if desired.